Monday, February 4, 2013

Second Draft Of Script

Here is one of the first drafts of our script, where we tried to establish a sense of the 3 protagonists' characters and the basic storyline through the dialogue:

Alternative Opening Script:

Pans of the sunrise and scenery from Primrose Hill. Lila turns the camera around and starts vlogging.

Lila: So that’s number 1 done, only 34 more to go, although I have no idea how I’m going to skydive into the Olympic park dressed as the queen. I really miss you big brother. And I hope I’ll have as much fun as you probably are up there. Over and out.

Lila puts phone/ camera away, and gets out notebook. She flicks through notebook, ticks ‘Watch the sunrise from Primrose Hill’ off the list, and sighs while looking at a picture of her brother.

Atticus: (Shouts) Lila, hey (Atticus and Jess walk towards them)

Lila: (turning round)Hello

Atticus: (Atticus sits down next to Lila on the bench) So you’ve ticked it off? What’s next on the list then? (Jess gives Lila a quick hug then starts taking lot of hipster pictures)

Lila: Um, well I think it is… See how many girls I can get off with in an hour.

Atticus: (Laughs) That should be no problem for me, my milkshake brings all the girls to the yard.

Jess: Atticus, you’re lactose intolerant.

Lila: Right picture time, get up you two.

Lila puts camera on bench, and pushes Jess and Atticus toward the edge of the hill

Lila: Wait a second (fiddles with camera), okay, get ready to jump

Lila runs over to where Atticus and Jess are standing.

Lila: 1, 2 ,3 jump!

The camera goes off while they are jumping in mid-air in front of the sunrise. The title appears.

No comments:

Post a Comment