Friday, February 1, 2013

Script Research

We researched film scripts in order to get a feel for the scripting process, which will aid us in the writing of our script for 'Turning Pages'.

Film Scripts:

Clueless - How it sets up character's and the relationship between young and old in the opening sequence:

Cher: Daddy! Immediately intoduces her a spoilt daddy's girl
Mel: Cher, please don't start with the juice again. Indicates that she is used to having her own way and even though he thinks he has the authority she's actually in charge, but also sets her up as nice as she looks after him
Cher: Daddy you need your vitamin C.  Audience sees the mothering side of character, helping to explain her kindness later on in the film
Mel: Where's my breifcase? Shows that he is a professional working man, and explains their wealth

Mel: Oh, Josh is in town. He's coming for dinner. Introducing the love interest in the first scene
CHER: Why? Shows that there will be conflict between them, and that she has not yet fallen in love with him
Mel: Because he's your step-brother! Gives the reason why Sher wouldn't date him as well as explaining why he's in their house all the time
Cher: But you were hardly even married to his mother and that was five years ago. Why do I have to see Josh? Fits into the the stereotypical rich man and provides a way for Cher and Josh to get together as they are not actually related

Easy A - Vlogging: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtrdOJU2ML4&safe=active

Olive: And here you all are, waiting outside the bedroom door for me to kiss Todd, listening to me pretend to have sex with Brandon, paying me to lie for you and calling me every name in the book, you know what it was just like Hester in the Scarlet Letter, except that's the one thing the movies don't tell you. How shitty it feels to be an outcast, warranted or not (music from outside)

Olive: How did you know I love this song?
Todd: I guessed
Olive: I see you've been watching my live webcast, it's still going on you know
Todd: Screw em' they've got enough of you. Figuratively speaking. I borrowed my neighbour's mower, came right over
Olive: That almost rhymed
Todd: I know I spent a minute on it
Olive: (laughs) I'll be right down
Olive: That's Todd. Not that I owe you guys any more confessions but, um, I really like this guy, and er, I might even lose my virginity to him
Little Brother: (shocked) Hmm
Olive: And I don't know when it will happen, it might be five minutes from now, or tonight, or six months from now, or maybe on our wedding night, but the really amazing thing is, is is nobody's goddamn business
Basketball guy: Come on where's she going?
Indian guyy: I thought she was going to take her clothes off, Demi Moore took her clothes off, this is bullshit
Reverend: Come on, you're kidding me
Fat guy: (Horn blares, he throws ice cream cone) Piss off
Guy in car: Hey
Fat guy: (Running away)  Arghhh
Pheobe/School consellor: Jack?
Olive (in text form): Rhi... Sorry I lied to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment